I was actually kind of glad to be back to work today. I haven’t quite gotten comfortable in this job yet, having only been here since November 28th and finding it SOOOOO different from what I’m used to in the industry. Nevertheless, my cold has been mostly in check, without the need for doping up on over the counter meds, and it’s been a pretty good day.
Here are some things that made me happy today…
- Having my 23-year-old colleague tell me that any time I mention my husband, I seem like I am a young girl rather than a 45-year-old woman.
- Getting a seat on the subway on the way home from work.
- Seeing the smile on a client’s face when they got their hearing aids today. He’s a homeless fellow and we had to get welfare coverage for his hearing aids but we did it! I think he’s as happy that anybody gives a darn about him as he is about hearing well again.
- Earning some respect in my workplace. It feels good. Usually I go for wanting to be liked but, for some reason, my spidey senses are telling me to play it differently this time. Respect will be key to my success in this new role.
- My hubby is giddy and playful today. He’s in a good place. I am so attracted to him when he’s happy.